- Q: What does it cost?
A: There’s no annual fee, no monthly fee, no contract. The software operates like a postage meter. You purchase “Credits” in advance—whatever quantity you need—for just 99 cents each. A single credit will allow you to create a vehicle record, print the window sticker and print the buyer’s guide. You then purchase window stickers separately, as many as you need, starting at just 99 cents each and decreasing with larger quantities.
- Q: What’s my monthly fee? My annual fee?
A: There is no monthly fee, no annual fee. You pay only for what you need.
- Q: Is there a charge for creating a custom sticker design for my dealership?
A: Yes. There is a ONE-TIME design fee for your initial sticker design. After that, you may update or change your sticker design at any time at no charge.
- Q: Does this software print Addendum Stickers?
- Q: Can you design a window sticker with my logo? With my dealership photo?
A: If you can imagine it, we can design it.
- Q: Can I send you my current window sticker to duplicate the design?
A: Yes. It’s best if you can send us a high-resolution file in .JPG, .PNG or .PDF file format. We also accept Photoshop (.PSD) and Adobe Illustrator (.AI, .EPS, .PDF) files. If you are unable to obtain original digital file copies from your previous vendor or printer, simply mail us a clean copy of your previous sticker and we will recreate it.
- Q: Can you send my inventory & photos to my dealer website?
A: Yes. Our One-Button Upload Feature exports inventory and photos to all the major third-party listing sites and can also upload to your dealer site. Exports are triggered nightly.
- Q: Is there a fee for setting up my data and photo exports using the One-Button Upload feature?
A: Yes. There is a ONE-TIME fee for setting up your export destinations. After that, you may request changes to your export destinations at any time at no charge.
- Q: How many vehicles can I store in my inventory?
A: Unlimited. However, you will want to purge sold vehicles. We have several options available for keeping your inventory streamlined.
- Q: Does your database include exotic cars? Trucks?
A: Vehicle Details offers comprehensive data on all passenger vehicles, minivans, SUVs and pickup trucks through the 3500 series that are sold in dealership distribution throughout the United States and English-speaking Canada. We do not offer data on exotic cars, supercars, fleet vehicles, trucks over 3500 series, motorcycles, RVs, boats or aircraft. There is, however, an option within the software to manually create a custom window sticker with data you enter manually.
- Q: What about Technical Support?
A: Telephone Tech Support is available at 262-240-9652 on weekdays from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Central Time. You can also email us at Support@vehicledetails.com at any time and we will respond as quickly as possible.
- Q: What browser do I need to operate Vehicle Details?
A: Vehicle Details works with all major browsers including Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Microsoft Edge. Vehicle Details does NOT work with Microsoft Explorer, which is no longer supported by Microsoft.
- Q: Do you have buyer’s guides for my state?
A: We print buyer’s guides for all states.
- Q: Can you print a buyer’s guide with systems covered and duration specific to my dealership?
A: Yes. You can set up buyer’s guide print layouts for any state and you can save your specific systems covered and duration to print for any vehicle.
- Q: Do you sell blank front or pre-printed buyer’s guide forms for use outside of the Vehicle Details application?
- Q: How do the Exterior Window Stickers work?
A: Very well. The material is an all-weather vinyl, and laser printing stands up well to the elements and does not fade. Our all-weather vinyl exterior stickers have been tested in the sunbelt and in the cold north. Exterior stickers are easier to apply, and easier for the customer to read, and they do not present a challenge for tinted glass.
- Q: What do I have to do to renew my software license?
A: Nothing. Once you accept the initial software license, you’re good to go. You may continue to use the Vehicle Details Software as long as you wish to order “Credits” and window stickers.
- Q: Can I shoot and add my own photos to my inventory?
A: Easily. Just drag and drop.
- Q: Can I have a lot service shoot my photos and still use Vehicle Details?
A: Certainly. Just obtain the photos from your service provider, then drag and drop them as you create stickers for your inventory.
- Q: What’s an “Info Sheet?”
A: When you enter a vehicle into inventory, you may also print our exclusive “Info Sheet” which includes much of the sticker information about the vehicle, plus exclusive extras. Info Sheets are great as handouts for customers. Info Sheets are printed on plain paper. You may print and distribute as many Info Sheets as you wish.
- Q: Can I import inventory from my DMS?
A: Yes. We can import inventory from any system that can export inventory using our Export Specifications. Ask your DMS provider for details.
- Q: Can I enter my New vehicle inventory?
A: Yes. However, there may be a slight lag between when new vehicles reach your showroom and the Vehicle Details software has data available for printing stickers. We engage in a constant update of the database and try to process new vehicle data as quickly as we can obtain it from the manufacturer sources.
- Q: Are you SURE there’s no contract? No annual fee?
A: No contract. No annual fee. No monthly fee. Pay only for what you need as you need it.